Write Away Workshop DVDs
Do you want to write a book but:
- Don’t know how to start?
- Are having time management issues?
- Aren’t sure where to find story ideas?
- Need to know what foundational and basic principles to master?
- Need a heart of D.E.V.O.T.I.O.N for your writing?
Let Tia McCollors walk you through the foundation components in the 2-DVD set of the Write Away Workshop.
A D.E.V.O.T.I.O.N For Writing
Do you have a book idea too? Aspiring writers always ask me about ways and resources to sharpen their skills or how to break into the publishing industry. There’s no way I can pour out what I know in such a small space, but below are some of avenues to get you started. They’ve been particularly helpful to me or to other authors I know. Keep pen to paper!
Devote yourself to writing and the craft of it. Discipline yourself to do it every day.
Educate yourself about the publishing industry.
Visualize where you want to be and go there! Attend conferences, workshops, author book signings to meet people who are walking the path you want to take.
Open yourself up to God’s direction and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Tie yourself to like-minded people. Network with other authors and people with vision.
Invest in your dream. Inspire yourself.
Opportunities are everywhere. Stay prepared.
The complete D.E.V.O.T.I.O.N workshop is available for interested organizations and/or ministries.
- The Elements of Fiction Writers Series by Writer’s Digest
- Plot and Structure (James Scott Bell)
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers (Rennie Browne and Dave King)
- The First Five Pages (Noah Lukeman)
- Writer’s Market Guide (updated yearly)
- On Writing (Stephen King)
- The Sell Your Novel Took Kit (Elizabeth Lyon)
- Publicize Your Book (Jacqueline Deval)
- Techniques of the Selling Writer (Dwight Swain)
- Christian Writer’s Market Guide (updated yearly)
- Write His Answer (Marlene Bagnull)